Assessment and Evaluation of Student Learning
June 6, 2019
- 6 contact hours/0.6 CEUs -
To register, please use your NLN.org account to sign in.
If you do not have an account, please select "Create a new account."
Unsure if you have an account with the NLN? Search for your ID »
Nurse educators in schools of nursing are responsible for the evaluation of student learning. They are accountable to assure that students achieve program, course, and overall student learning outcomes. Understanding the importance of a strong testing framework to deliver fair, reliable, and valid tests is paramount in moving learners forward in a program of study. The purpose of this workshop is to lay a foundation for nursing faculty to understand the steps fro assessing the quality of the test preparation process, test items and analysis, and the overall grading process.
AM: Assessment and Evaluation
• Discuss the necessary steps and factors for consideration in planning and developing classroom tests
• Discuss the role of the test blue print in establishing validity evidence for the results of an exam
• Discuss the concepts of measurement (reliability, validity, test statistics, variability) that are integral to test analysis
• Interpret test analysis results to determine test item level of difficulty (p) and discrimination (D) and overall test performance
• Foundations in evaluation and assessment
• The test blue print
• Concepts of measurement (reliability, validity, test statistics, variability)
PM: Test Analysis Immersion
• Interpret test analyses results
This workshop is part of an NLN series of faculty development intensives designed to prepare new faculty entering the academic nurse educator environment or enhance existing faculty knowledge and skills working within this contemporary education movement with enhanced testing and evaluation.
For additional information, contact Debra Mayberry.
Member $289 $329
Non-member $389 $429
*Early bird registration ends 5/6/2019
2600 Virginia Avenue NW, 8th Floor
Washington, DC, 20037
For hotel suggestions and ground transportation information, please click HERE.