Demystifying the Curriculum Map
June 3, 2019
- 6 contact hours/0.6 CEUs -
To register, please use your NLN.org account to sign in.
If you do not have an account, please select "Create a new account."
Unsure if you have an account with the NLN? Search for your ID »
Designed as a foundational course, this hands-on immersive workshop enhances knowledge about the important of curriculum design. Participants investigate best practices for designing and delivering curriculum at class session, course, and program levels. You are encouraged to come with a small team of colleagues so that together you can analyze your institution's program of study and/or course curriculum map. Experts will guide you to systematically integrate teaching activities (e.g. active learning strategies, simulation, etc.) to align with program and course learning outcomes for teaching knowledge, skills, and attitudes. Leave the workshop with a renewed understand and enhancements to your target program curriculum map and an understanding of how to integrate learning activities into your program.
• Identify the target program and course learning outcomes of a nursing curriculum map
• Discuss strengths and weaknesses of a program's curriculum map
• Use a systematic, analytical, ethical, creatives, and mindful approach to curriculum design and development
AM: Curriculum Foundations
• Discuss the complexities and necessary considerations needed in today's contemporary nursing curricula
• Next Generation NCLEX- what's it all about - how will it shape curricula and teaching and learning
• Outcomes, Outcomes, Outcomes: Program, Level/Student Learning, Course, Class
PM: Understanding and Building the Curriculum Map
• Small Group Work: Establish learning objectives across the curriculum that align with program outcomes
This workshop is part of an NLN series of faculty development intensives designed to prepare new faculty entering the academic nurse educator environment or enhance existing faculty knowledge and skills working within this contemporary education movement with enhanced testing and evaluation.
For additional information, contact Debra Mayberry.
Member $289 $329
Non-member $389 $429
*Early bird registration ends 5/3/2019
2600 Virginia Avenue NW, 8th Floor
Washington, DC, 20037
For hotel suggestions and ground transportation information, please click HERE
Susan G. Forneris Molly Kellgren
PhD, RN, CNE, CHSE-A PhD, MSN, RN, CNE, CHSE